Since 1775, America has seen over one million casualties of war. That’s one million individuals, one million families of those individuals, and to be quite frank, one million reasons to dedicate all of your Instagram content surrounding this holiday to our fallen troops—not the summer, not the beach, not the day off of work.
So read on for Memorial Day Instagram captions and ready-to-post images you can use to pay your respects.
Table of contents
- Memorial Day Instagram posts
- Patriotic Memorial Day Instagram captions
- Inspiring Memorial Day Instagram captions
- Memorial Day facts
- Memorial Day quotes
- Words to use in your Memorial Day Instagram captions
Memorial Day Instagram posts & templates
All of the images in this post are in the correct 1:1 aspect ratio for Instagram. If you want to use the images as-is, open this blog post on your mobile device and save the images to your camera roll right off the post. If you want to customize them, you can access all of the images in this Canva template.
Patriotic Memorial Day Instagram captions
Use these Memorial Day captions to remind your followers what’s at the core of this holiday.
- Today we honor the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. The heroes of America.
- Today is a day to honor the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, and to also support the family members of those we have lost.
- Now and forever, we remember. Never forget, forever honor.
- To the men and women who gave their lives protecting our freedom: We are forever in your debt. We thank you. We proudly remember you.
- We can never repay, but we will ever respect, those who gave their lives for our freedom.
- Today is a day to remember our fallen service members for their ultimate sacrifice.
- Today and together, we proudly pay homage to those who have given given up their lives to protect our freedom.
- Remember those who served. All gave some, some gave all.
Inspiring Memorial Day Instagram captions
This category of Memorial Day Instagram captions can be used to inspire your followers to reflect a little deeper on the meaning of the holiday.
- Today we remember service, sacrifice, and selflessness.
- Everything you do today of your own free will, do it in remembrance of those who sacrificed their lives to make it possible.
- Take a minute today to stop and really think about what this day is about. Give our fallen soldiers the recognition they deserve.
- To all our fallen heroes: your legacy lies on forever in the memory and heart of the nation.
- Think today about the virtues we celebrate on Memorial Day: service, sacrifice, loyalty. Stay conscious of those virtues today and make the extra effort to demonstrate them. We can never bring back our fallen soldiers, but we can honor them in our daily actions.
- Let’s use today to count our blessings and stand proud.
Memorial Day quotes to use on Instagram
Here are some Memorial Day quotes you can use as Instagram captions.
- “The real hero is the man who fights even though he is scared.” -George S. Patton Jr
- “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.” Nathan Hale
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” -Joseph Campbell
- “Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it. it flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it.” – Unknown
- “Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.” – Charles de Gaulle
- “America without her soliders would be like God without His angels.” – Claudia Pemberton
- “I believe our flag is more than just cloth and ink. It is a universally recognized symbol that stands for liberty, and freedom. It is the history of our nation, and it’s marked by the blood of those who died defending it.”
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
- “Over all our happy country over all our Nation spread, is a band of noble heroes–is our Army of the Dead.” – Will Carleton
- “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Freedom lies in being bold.” — Robert Frost
Fact-based Memorial Day Instagram captions
We all know what Memorial Day is, but few of us know the real details behind the holiday. Incorporate some of these Memorial Day facts into your captions.
- Memorial Day was originally known as Decoration Day, as men and women would decorate the graves of fallen soldiers with flowers.
- It originated in the years after the Civil War (1865), but didn’t become a federal holiday until 1971.
- Every Memorial Day at 3:00 p.m. local time, a national moment of remembrance takes place.
- In 1966, the federal government declared Waterloo, New York, the official birthplace of Memorial Day.
- According to legend, “founder” General John A. Logan chose May 30 because it was one of the few days that didn’t fall on the anniversary of a Civil War battle. Some, though some historians believe the date was selected to ensure that flowers across the country would be in full bloom.
Words to use in your Memorial Day Instagram captions
If you want to build something from scratch, here are some words to use for your Memorial Day Instagram captions:
- Lost in the line of duty
- Pay respect
- Ultimate sacrifice
Memorial Day Instagram captions: remember & respect
At the end of the day, Memorial Day marketing isn’t a bad thing, and I know that in the big scheme of things, an Instagram caption is a drop in the bucket, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use your Memorial Day social media posts to give our fallen troops the respect and recognition they deserve. Hopefully these captions, quotes, and words have equipped you to do just that.
All of the post images are customizable in this Canva template link.
For more holiday Instagram captions, check out the following:
- 78 [NOT Overused] Holiday & Christmas Instagram Captions (with Templates!)
- 131 [Not Overused] New Year’s Instagram Captions
- 33 Hilarious Instagram Captions to Break Your Like-o-Meter
- 80+ Instagram Caption Ideas & Examples for Any Business
- 46 Wonderful Winter Instagram Captions (+Canva Templates!)
- 76 [Actually] Creative Valentine’s Day Instagram Captions
- 54 St. Patrick’s Day Instagram Captions (The Cliche-Free List)
- 40+ Mother’s Day Instagram Captions for Everyone in Your Audience
The post 42 Respectful Memorial Day Instagram Captions (+7 Ready-to-Post Images) appeared first on WordStream.
If you liked 42 Respectful Memorial Day Instagram Captions (+7 Ready-to-Post Images) by Kristen McCormick Then you'll love Miami SEO Expert