I love the Smudge cat memes. I also love creativity. So when I came across this Smudge pie Thanksgivmeme, I was deeply, deeply grateful for humanity.
Speaking of creativity and the annual day of gratitude, we need to talk about Thanksgiving Instagram captions. If you’re looking for creative ideas, you’re not going to find any in the generic “Time to pumpkin spice it up” or “Gobble til you wobble” lists the internet is rife with.
But you will find them in this post because I’ve compiled a collection of ideas, prompts, and original examples you can steal or use as a springboard.
Table of contents
- Happy Thanksgiving Instagram images
- Outside-the-box Thanksgiving Instagram captions
- Thanksgiving Instagram captions for business
- Funny Thanksgiving Instagram captions
- Short Thanksgiving Instagram captions
- Thanksgiving quotes
- Inclusive Thanksgiving Instagram captions
- Words for your Thanksgiving Instagram posts
Happy Thanksgiving Instagram images
All of the images in this post (aside from the Thanksgivmeme at the top) are sized at the right aspect ratio for Instagram (1:1). You can save them right off of this post, or you can customize them to your liking using this Canva template link:
Outside-the-box Thanksgiving Instagram captions
Nix the cliche Instagram captions like “I only have pies for you” and tap into basic copywriting techniques like rhyming, alliteration, or acronyms to come up with friendly and meaningful captions like these:
- Rhyming captions
- It’s Thanksgiving! You know what to do: Remember your roots 🌲 give thanks for your loot 🙏 and eat lots of food 🍗 !
- On this Thanksgiving, may you enjoy a cozy fleece, time with peeps, a delicious feast, and the biggest piece. (picture of pie obvs)
- Halloween’s for pranks, Christmas got cranks, New Year’s we clank 🥂, Thanksgiving we give thanks!
- May an attitude of gratitude remove platitudes from your latitude.
- Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone. We hope you’re able to enjoy a toast with those who matter most.
- Alliterative captions
- Happy Turkey Day! Wishing you peace, prosperity, and plenty of pumpkin pie!
- Ah, the day of gravy, gratitude, gobblin’ and grace! Happy Thanksgiving guys and gals.
- Happy Thanksgiving! May your day be filled with fine food, passionate people, bubbly beverages, and decadent desserts.
- Acronym captions.
List out what you’re thankful for and tell your followers to comment with theirs
- Thoughtful friends 👯♂️
- Healthy family 👨👩👦👦
- Automatic car starter 🚙
- New shoes 👞
- Kindness of strangers 💙
- Sleep 😴
- Fun facts: Use these Thanksgiving fun facts to come up with something witty or inspiring.
- The butterball hotline answers 100,000 turkey-related questions each year.
- Femail turkeys don’t gobble.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt moved Thanksgiving up a week during the Great Depression to allow more time for shopping before Christmas.
- 4 out of 5 Americans prefer Thanksgiving leftovers to the meal.
Thanksgiving Instagram captions for business
P.S. If you’re feeling particularly grateful for this section, your gratitude-o-meter just may burst with these Thanksgiving greetings and messages for business.
- To our customers, partners, and employees: What better time for us to tell you how grateful we are for all of you. Happy Thanksgiving!
- So as we count our blessings 💥 BLAM 💥 there you are, dear customers, at the top of the list. You’re the reason for our season. The cream of the crop. The pride and joy of our business. Thank you for being you, and Happy Thanksgiving!
- Customers, followers, fans, and fam! In the spirit of the season, we want you to know how thankful we are for you. Your enthusiasm, feedback, loyalty, and support is what makes us tick! Have a relaxing day!
- Happy Thanksgiving to all our customers! You are the reason we grow and why we love our jobs. We hope you have the wonderful day you deserve.
- As Gertrude Stein once said, “Silent gratitude isn’t very much use to anyone.” Well, here we are, shouting it loud and clear 📣 ! THANK YOU! 📣To all our followers, customers, and partners for keeping [business name] strong.
Funny Thanksgiving Instagram captions & puns
Want to add some humor to your Thanksgiving social media posts? Try something witty or go heavy on the analogies:
- “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” -Epictetus. Translation? Be grateful for what you have.
- Wishing you Thanksgiving moments that are as sweet as pecan pie, warm as mashed potatoes, as hearty as stuffing and as rich as gravy!
- May the turkey be worth the traffic (and tryptophan) this year.
You can always go with a Thanksgiving pun, but the originality factor is going to drop…
- Silence of the yams
- All or stuffing.
- Much ado about stuffing.
- Corn in the USA
- Don’t make me do pumpkin I’ll regret
- You might be onto pumpkin there
- It’s all pumpkin back to me now.
- Well, that’s fall folks.
- Sending you a harvest of blessings.
- Gobble til you wobble
- Feast mode
- All about that baste
- B-autumns up
- Hit me gravy one more time.
- All about that baste.
- Easy as pumpkin pie.
- Always be my gravy
- No fowl play
- Feast mode
- Good vibes and apple pie.
- You’re the pumpkin to my pie.
- The gravy to our mashed potatoes.
You might also be interested in these clever and catchy holiday marketing slogans.
Short Thanksgiving Instagram captions
If you’re looking to post something short and sweet, try out one or a combination of any of these Thanksgiving phrases. Note that they’re not the most original, but you can incorporate them into something you come up with on your own or just use them as a starter.
- Gratitude turns what we have into enough
- Choose to be grateful, no matter what
- In all things give thanks
- Attitude of grattitude
- You’re just another reason for me to be thankful this year
- Harvest of blessings
- Gather with grateful hearts
- Count your blessings
- Give thanks for a little, and you will find a lot
- Full plates, fuller hearts
- Grateful for small things, big things, and everything in between
- Family is where happiness begins and love never ends
- Food always tastes better when you eat it with family
- Life is better when you’re thankful
- We may not have it all together, but together, we have it all
- Together is a wonderful place to be
- We all become richer when we give
You can always use a Thanksgiving quote for your Instagram caption, but similar to the above section, you’ll lose some of the originality factor unless you respond to or comment on it in your own way.
- “Be present in all things and grateful for all things.”—Maya Angelou
- “The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.” —James E. Faust
- “It’s not joy that makes us grateful but gratitude that makes us joyful.”
- “When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” —Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves and spend without fear of bankruptcy.” —Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
- “Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day.” —Robert Caspar Lintner
- “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” —Henry Van Dyke
- “Thankfulness is the quickest path to joy.” —Jefferson Bethke
- “Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what is.” —Ernest Hemingway
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more.” —Melody Beattie
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” —William Arthur Ward
- “Give thanks not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of your life.” —Catherine Pulsifer
Inclusive Thanksgiving Instagram captions
While Thanksgiving is a time for us to gather with friends and family and count our blessings, it isn’t a positive day for everyone. Consider the following inclusive Thanksgiving Instagram captions:
- On this Thanksgiving, it’s important to express gratitude but to remember that it can be a hard day for some. To those of you observing the National Day of Mourning, to those of you who are without family, friends, or a roof over your head, and to those of you who struggle in your relationship with food, we want you to know that we see you today and our hearts go out to you.
- As you gather and celebrate with loved ones today, don’t forget that many Native Americans are observing the National Day of Mourning—a day to mourn the suffering at the hands of the pilgrims and other European settlers, to honor Native resilience, and to protest against racism and oppression. Take a minute today to reflect on racism, resilience, and respect.
- Happy Thanksgiving everyone. It’s easy to get caught up in the typical chatter about feasting, but remember that there are many people out there who can’t afford a meal, are too sick or disabled to cook or eat, or who struggle with eating disorders. So on this day, we encourage you to focus less on spreading messages about food and more on messages about gratitude and gathering with those who matter most.
Words to use in your Thanksgiving Instagram captions
And finally, here are some words to use or spark inspiration for your Turkey Day Instagram captions:
Want more Instagram caption ideas?
- 78 [NOT Overused] Holiday & Christmas Instagram Captions (with Templates!)
- 80+ Instagram Caption Ideas & Examples for Any Business
- 46 Wonderful Winter Instagram Captions (+Canva Templates!)
- 76 [Actually] Creative Valentine’s Day Instagram Captions
- 54 St. Patrick’s Day Instagram Captions (The Cliche-Free List)
- 40+ Mother’s Day Instagram Captions for Everyone in Your Audience
- 42 Respectful Memorial Day Instagram Captions (& Ready-Made Posts)
- 39 Inspiring Father’s Day Instagram Captions & Ready-to-Post Images
- 40+ Liberty Lovin’ 4th of July Instagram Captions & Images
- 56 Creative & Inspiring Labor Day Instagram Captions & Posts
The post 40+ Thanksgiving Instagram Captions (The Cliché-Free List!) appeared first on WordStream.
If you liked 40+ Thanksgiving Instagram Captions (The Cliché-Free List!) by Kristen McCormick Then you'll love Miami SEO Expert